• The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America
• Candidate must have a minimum of a Top Secret/SCI clearance
• A United States Government administered polygraph examination will be given to the selected candidate; he/she must pass it to maintain employment in this position
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Perform classification / sensitization review of both incoming and outgoing documents, electronic media and equipment
• Investigate security violations and prepare preventive action reports
• Refer document/visit requests to appropriate office. Ensure visit requests are approved.
• Ensure application of necessary security statements as appropriate on information to be released.
• Grant access to restricted areas, records and materials
• Research and implement federal security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents and equipment
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5 year scope and be able to be approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.
• Monitor and conduct security briefings/debriefings
• Review security procedures for assigned classified program(s) to ensure compliance with government regulations.
• Lead the destruction of classified and confidential information to assure compliance with policies and procedures.
• Input own observations to the development of policies and procedures for the destruction of classified and confidential information and the retention of and access to those materials.
• Apply deep understanding of the state-of-the-art in intrusion detection systems and devices, safes and other storage containers, locks and locking systems, and personnel entry control systems in assessing various situations related to maintenance and alarms.
• May inspect, analyze, test and evaluate security systems.
• Perform ad-hoc duties and assist other Protective Services Division Groups as required.