• The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America
• Candidate must have a minimum of a Top Secret/SCI clearance
• A United States Government administered polygraph examination will be given to the selected candidate; he/she must pass it to maintain employment in this position
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, EE, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
• Systems Engineering knowledge and lifecycle experience in one or more of the following areas: Mission Operations Systems (MOS), Ground Data Systems (GDS), and system Verification and Validation (V&V).
• Strong Virtual Machine (VM) skills in configuring, maintaining, and deploying multiple VM instances in an environment.
• Strong Information Technology skills and proficiency in: Linux Operating Systems, database applications such as FileMaker Pro and MySQL; scripting languages such as Python and STOL; cloud computing; and JAVA
• Leadership abilities to manage a team of System Administrators to support the working IT environment.
• Experience using requirements management systems such as DOORs.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and execution of ground test campaigns.
• Direct experience in working effectively across multiple organizations.
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and incorporate innovations.
• Demonstrated experience working with source control applications and workflow applications such as GitHub and JIRA.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills required for customer interface.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background investigation (SBBI) within a 5-year scope
and must be approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.
• Direct experience in DoD systems engineering lifecycle.
• Knowledge and experience in applicable DoD policies and procedures pertaining to Ground Systems and Mission Operations.
• Demonstrated knowledge in software systems I&T and deployment.
• Prior experience working in a 24x7, high-availability, operations engineering environment.
• Experience in maintaining program external technical interfaces.
• Understanding of JPL Flight Project Practices and Design Principles.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving software/hardware infrastructure
• Ability to work with multiple customers on premises and remote