Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 15 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Mechanical Engineer III
This is an opportunity to be a Mechanical Design Engineer in the Spacecraft Engineering Design group at JPL, which engages in the engineering and design of advanced spacecraft and robotic mechanisms for exploration of the solar system.
Some Challenge’s You’ll Tackle:
• Performing as a Design Engineer for JPL on a spacecraft, instrument or robotic project.
• Creating complex CAD models, assemblies and engineering drawings.
• Working with world class engineers and participate on teams in a highly collaborative environment.
• Developing and running configuration trades on the mechanical system of a spacecraft project.
• Interfacing with space science experts, analysts, manufacturing engineers, and project staff.
• Performing conceptual spacecraft design for feasibility and cost estimates of future missions.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
• Mechanical design of spacecraft primary and secondary structures and mechanisms.
• Engineering CAD (Computer-Aided Design) tools such as Siemens NX, CATIA or Creo.
• Creating engineering drawings using the ASME Y14.100-2013 standard.
• Creating detail drawings, assembly drawings, interface drawings and source control drawings.
• Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) using ASME Y14.5-2009.
• Application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in solving mechanical engineering problems.
• Adept at performing trade studies and developing conceptual configurations.
• Aerospace fabrication processes
• Aerospace material selection
• PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) tools such as Teamcenter, Enovia or Windchill.