Roles and responsibilities
US Citizenship and an active TS/SCI & Polygraph Eligible is required to be considered for this position
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Systems Engineer III
Operations Systems Engineer. Coordinate release of Operations related documents; test execution and coordination. Deliverables include multiple documents coordinated through the release process.
• The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America
• Candidate must have a minimum of a Top Secret/SCI clearance
• A United States Government administered polygraph examination will be given to the selected candidate; he/she must pass it to maintain employment in this position
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 6 years of professional experience, or Master’s degree
with a minimum of 4 years of experience, or Ph.D with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
• Proven expertise in Mission Systems and Operations for DoD type programs.
• Multidisciplinary and in-depth expertise in development and/or operations of spacecraft.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct, manage and complete technically and organizationally complex trades involving mission science returns, mission design, and risk.
• Demonstrated team leadership skills, excellent communications skills including the ability to write and review technical operations documentation, and ability to interface with all levels of institutional and operations management.
• Demonstrated understanding of complex ground systems and their use in mission operations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external program leadership, and effectively lead subcontractor teams.
• Expertise with MS office software.
• Class A mission experience.
• Experience on flight projects in requirements development, integration and test and/or verification and validation.
• Experience with guidance and control aspects of system engineering, including system software specification, development, and test; payloads and instruments; knowledge of project ground data systems and mission operations teams.
• Experience planning for and leading complex hardware and/or software integration activities.
• Understanding and hands-on experience of JPL and NASA policies and procedures, JPL Flight Project Practices and Design Principles, and JPL system engineering practices; demonstrated ability to tailor the planning and execution of these on missions of various risk classes.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and multi-organizational team; ability to work on major project assignments without appreciable direction with accountability for technical performance.
• Experience leading tasks and coordinating working groups on large-scale projects in system development, test, and/or operations.
• Experience with development and delivery of system documentation, such as requirements documents, test plans, and release description documents.