Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 6 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Staff Assistant III
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
• The Human Resources (HR) team at JPL is on a voyage of innovation, discovery, and modernization that will allow us to continue to support the JPL mission and quests. AskHR, the Human Resources Solutions Center, is a centralized function designed to handle a variety of HR-related services.
• Ask HR will provide higher-level customer service support to all JPL employees, retirees and applicants as a single point of entry to access all HR services.
• As a HR Administrator, you will provide direct support to the AskHR Solutions Center team and handle a variety of HR-related services. Tasks include but not limited to:
• Awards Project
• Accurate data entry work into awards system
• Proofreading of award nominations
• Provide data management support including entry of awards nominations and filing, tracking and revision management for Board Meetings
• Provide logistics potentially onsite and administrative support, such as reporting and data entry
• Provide administrative support for end-to-end leave of absence process
• Drafting verification of employment letters upon request
• Records research and compiling documentation for personnel file preparation
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• High school diploma with a minimum of 5 years of administrator experience
• Detail-oriented with good organizational skills and attention to detail
• Flexibility in working in a fast-paced team environment with ability to prioritize an coordinate multiple assignments
• Proven proficiency with high quality data entry and auditing
• Microsoft Office suite proficiency including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint with specific technical capabilities with Excel
End-to-end process mindset
• Proven ability with revision tracking