• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 15 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 12 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 8 years related experience.
• Practical experience using advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in solving mechanical engineering problems, with the ability to perform trade studies, develop conceptual configurations, engineer piece-parts and mechanical systems, and facilitate the fabrication, assembly, and qualification of MGSE hardware.
• Expertise in two or more mechanical engineering disciplines for the design, analysis and test of structures and mechanisms, including strength of materials, loads and stress analysis, dynamics analysis, machine design, Structural design, structural/mechanical testing, manufacturing engineering, mechanical systems, and machine shop practices.
• Practical experience using Unigraphics/Siemens NX and or SolidWorks CAD modeling software used in a Product Delivery Management (PDM) or similar Concurrent Engineering environment. Experience using Team Center preferred.
• Demonstrated experience developing and delivering mechanical parts, assemblies or mechanical systems.
• Demonstrated experience performing stress analysis of structures and mechanical elements, using classical hand methods and Finite Element Modeling.
• Knowledge of Standards for Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Y14.5.
• Knowledge of academic and industry practices and standards across a range of applications related to the development, production and safety of aerospace flight hardware and systems.
• Proven ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated experience leading one or more junior engineers or techs on an engineering project, including directing assignments, and reviewing and evaluating work.
• Good communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal, negotiation and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of JPL MGSE safety requirements
• Knowledge of NASA safety requirements
• Knowledge of AWS Weld Standards, especially D1.1 and D2.1
• Extensive background designing MGSE/Tooling for complex aerospace vehicle flight systems
• Experience leading teams of two or more engineers and techs