Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 12 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Project Schedule Analyst III
The PSA responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Creating, maintaining, analyzing, and reporting of all project level schedules and associated metrics, in support of programs and projects, as well as other planning related support
• Preparing and analyzing Earned Value reporting requirements
• Interfacing internally with JPL organizations and externally with subcontractor team members or other NASA centers
• As a member of the business team, will be accountable for the results on multifunctional and/or multidisciplinary projects and assignments, including performance standards, budget and schedule
• Creating and maintaining the detailed network schedules in MS Project, including the extraction and analysis of various schedule related data (e.g. project receivable/deliverable data, baseline vs. actual activity count data, etc.), analysis of earned value performance data, preparation of slack tables, critical path analyses, and other associated metrics etc., required for monthly/quarterly reporting and maintenance of the project schedules and performance measurement archive
• Occasional travel to subcontractor facilities might be required.
• Serving as an essential team member on teams inside and outside organization, project, activity or function, including outside of JPL
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline, with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; a Master’s degree in a similar discipline, with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or a PhD in a similar discipline, with a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
• Breadth of experience in developing and maintaining schedule plans, identifying and flagging schedule and cost issues, running what-if scenarios in schedule for mitigation planning, analysis, earned value performance measurement, assessment and reporting, contracts, subcontracts, and procurements.
• Demonstrated ability to meet rapidly changing project needs and manage competing priorities.
• Must have strong analysis skills and ability to exercise creativity and independent judgment in evaluation of issues and solutions
• Effective communication skills in verbal, written, and presentation forms.
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of program/project management, technical organizations, and subcontractors
• Strong user of Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint)
• Skilled user of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project Pro
• Ability and enthusiasm to rapidly learn new technical skills
• Experienced with Milestones Pro, and STATs Health Check
• Experience in a project team environment with project reporting, integrated cost/schedule planning, critical path and resource analysis
• Experience in integrated cost-schedule planning, baselining, EVM, and various performance measurement techniques.
• Wide-ranging experience in all phases of the flight project life cycle, with emphasis on implementation phases
• Familiar with Laboratory and NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications. Experience supporting audits and IBRs. Experience with cost-schedule baseline change control processes. Prior experience with Cobra, IBT, Data Extractor, Discoverer, and or OBIEE.