Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Cleanroom Technician I
• Support the cleanroom technician lead in evaluating, maintaining and monitoring system level cleanrooms for proper cleanliness performance in order to meet projects’ contamination control requirements. Work to be performed using ISO 14644 cleanroom standards and guidelines. Work will also include monitoring instrumentation for facility support operations to ensure occupational and system safety. Respond to project-specific tasks and requests for supporting flight hardware and JCI operations in cleanrooms.
• Perform cleanroom maintenance and use standard cleaning techniques to ensure facility and equipment meet contamination control requirements.
• Monitors lab environment conditions and reports anomalies to cleanroom engineer
• Provide and maintain cleanroom garments inventory, consumables and ESD approved products to lab users, Product Delivery Managers (PDMs and Cognizant engineers.
• Use Knowledge of cleanroom procedures and protocols, electrostatic discharge properties and JPL Critical Item Handling to ensure system safety, report safety anomalies to the TFM facility engineer.
• Support cleaning and preparation of ground support equipment into critical facilities cleanrooms.
• Perform routine job functions and activities within moderate technical facilities operations and project support scope.
• Required to receive the following training at JPL: Cleanroom Fundamentals and Practices, Cleanroom Housekeeping, Critical Hardware Handling, Electrostatic Discharge-ESD Control, Fall Protection, Hazard Communications/Chemical Safety, Hazardous Waste Generation, Laser Safety, Asbestos Awareness, Blood Borne Pathogens."
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• High School diploma with a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an Associate’s degree with at least 1 year of related experience.
• Understanding of applicable policies and procedures in cleanroom fundamentals & practices.
• Skills in cleanroom housekeeping and maintenance.
• Understanding of general job aspects in Cleaning Controlled Environments, Cleanroom Housekeeping Maintenance, Cleanroom Protocol, Cleanroom Systems & HEPA Filtration.
• Ability to read and follow written instructions.
• Work effectively in a team environment and be flexible to change tasks upon request.
• Able to work after-hours and on weekends when required.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, work at heights over 70 ft and enter confined spaces.
• Electrical and mechanical skills, with hands-on experience
• Ability to effectively communicate through electronic documentation
• Prior JPL experience in clean room housekeeping and maintenance is desired.
• Knowledge of environmental air handling systems.
• Experience working in a flight system processing facility.
• Additional Desired Training: Aerial Lift Training, Cleanroom Certification, Confined Space Entry, Crane Safety, Forklift Operations, Lockout/Tag out/block out, Information Technology (IT) Security, Ethics, Export Regulations.