Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 6 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Technical Designer III
Designer, Antenna Mechanical and Structural Engineering Group, 333H. Will provide hardware design and drawing generation (2D
and 3D CAD) in support of 333H. Will be a member of the Antenna Mechanical & Structural Engineering Group (333H). Will be responsible for the development and release of 3D CAD (Solidworks) and 2D CAD (AutoCAD) models and drawings of structural or mechanical components and assemblies as part of the ongoing antenna development and sustaining projects.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Driving (a government issued vehicle) is required for this position. Must have a valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record and successfully pass a DMV check.
• 10 years of direct experience in the mechanical design and drafting field
• Demonstrated working knowledge in mechanical and electro-mechanical design
• Demonstrated skill and knowledge un 3D CAD modeling in Solidworks for large assemblies
• Ability to read and interpret 2D structural drawings
• Extensive design knowledge of sheet metals, steel fabrication, basic welding specifications and fastener hardware
• Strong communication skills and ability to work in large, dynamic teams
• Ability to work independently on key projects and assignments with limited direction, typically receiving only general instructions
• Certified Solidworks Expert