Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Enterprise Applications Software Engineer II
The Enterprise Applications Software Engineer shall provide technical, functional and engineering support for the Software Development Service tool suite. Will receive work instructions from the Line Management and the Product Leads responsible for the applications and platforms.
• Interface with process owners and team members, evaluate business processes, gather requirements, and translate the requirements into system specifications.
• Collaborate with development team members and operations to ensure successful application and platform deliveries and operations.
• Provide testing support, perform validation and verifications and provide assistance for product demos, user workshops, training of users, and coordination of user acceptance sessions.
• Work in conjunction with other functional and technical teams for the successful implementation and integrations of customer applications, development support applications and operating systems.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires Bachelor's degree in relevant disciple, with a minimum of three years of related experience; Master's degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of one year of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines.
• A broad understanding and application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in: Data Management, Requirements Gathering, User Acceptance, Software Quality Assurance, Software/Application Implementation, and User/Customer Support.
• Familiarity with the use of software issue tracking tools, version control systems, and artifact management systems such as JIRA, Git/GitHub, and Artifactory
• Familiarity with the use and administration of Linux
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, must be capable of effectively capturing and transferring technical and functional information.
• Ability to effectively interface with users, providing training and support, while working on a dynamic team composed of software project manager, product lead, fellow systems analysts, solution architects, developers and operations.
• Ability to provide functional deliverables such as user requirements, training material, HelpDesk documents, test cases and test scripts.
• Testing and deploying upgrades
• Testing and deploying plugins
• Managing architecture/infrastructure
• Monthly maintenance/cleanup
• Configuration changes
• Building out tools
• Troubleshooting issues
• Managing user access
• Generating billing reports
• Demonstrating functionality
• Evaluating new plugins
• Work experience and expertise with installation and support of software applications supporting software development such as JIRA, Git/GitHub, and Artifactory
• Experience developing software via an institutional lifecycle utilizing collaboration tools in a team environment
• Previous software/application installation and operating system support.
• Ability to develop reports based on data analysis.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Keen attention to detail.