Roles and responsibilities
Must be authorized to work in the United States
W2 with full benefits
Some travel may be required
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Drupal Developer to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
The Contractor Shall:
• Architect, build and theme custom Drupal 8 websites and modules on Acquia Cloud in order to ensure proper display of all content, including data visualizations and other content of a scientific and technical nature.
• Ensure high performance and availability, and manage all technical aspects of the CMS, including websites used for scientific research and data visualizations and resources.
• Use modern PHP and MySQL/MariaDB development standards to develop custom applications that communicate genomics and biomedical information to the public.
• Provide application integration to NIH enterprise systems and third party services that handle scientific and technical information.
• Collaborate with scientific and technical stakeholders to gather and refine requirements to meet business needs and define project scope; ensure that technical solutions are properly architected for communicating genomics and biomedical science.
• Maintain and update Drupal themes, modules, views, code and configuration to ensure proper display of all content, including data visualizations and other content of a scientific and technical nature.
• Provide documentation as required and participate in code reviews, planning sessions, and routine status meetings.
• Investigate, trace and debug system issues; identify root causes and make required soft-ware changes to resolve problems.
• Participate in system migrations during updates to new version of Drupal.
• Liaise with external scientific and technical teams when needed for troubleshooting, updates.
• Research new technologies, standards, and systems to improve existing products and websites that communicate genomics and biomedical information to the public.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a BA/BS degree.
• Minimum of six (6) years of related experience.
• Minimum of three to five (3 – 5) years of experience in Drupal 7/8 development and site building, including a deep understanding of Drupal core functionality like theming, views, content types, taxonomy, search and configuration.
• Strong backend development skills in PHP, MySQL/MariaDB.
• Experience with Apache Solr, and building faceted search pages.
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into functional Drupal pages.
• Experience creating custom Drupal 8 modules and components based theme development.
• Experience in creating Drupal 8/9 REST APIs/Webservices and consuming third party web services.
• Experience working with Drupal Core API’s (Forms, configurations, fields, entities).
• Excellent ability to troubleshoot performance, security and functionality issues.
• Experience with source code repository GIT.
• Effective communicator with experience gathering requirements from system owners and users.
• Understanding of accessible design principles and Section 508 compliance.
• Comfortable working with front-end and back-end debugging tools.
• Self-starter with eagerness to learn and grow.
• Adhere to government information security and privacy regulations, ensuring compli-ance with standards.
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.