We are looking to hire a Linux System Administrator to join a team of SAs supporting clients located at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Job duties may include, and are not limited to:
- the installation, configuration, and maintenance of:
o enterprise infrastructure (switches, storage devices, SAN and NAS devices)
o physical and virtual machines (servers, VMWare ESXi VMs, cloud instances)
o RHEL-compatible operating systems (RHEL, CentOS, Oracle Linux)
o opensource and commercially available Linux services, applications, and technologies
- implementing new and working with existing backup solutions to perform data backup/restoration
- documenting processes, procedures, and technical walkthroughs
- monitoring systems using Nagios and Ganglia and responding to incidents (at times during off-hours)
- client support via on-site visits, phone calls, emails, and ticketing systems
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of experience demonstrating technical, communication, and development skills. May substitute experience for education.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.