Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 6 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Database Administrator IV
Our Enterprise Business Information Services (EBIS) Division is seeking a Database Engineer to support our systems performance tuning effort for the EBS R12.2 Upgrade implementation. The Upgrade project comprises the following 3 major changes:
• Upgrade Oracle EBS from R12.1.3 to R12.2.10,
• Upgrade Oracle database from 12c to 19c,
• Migrate OS platform for EBS and DB servers from Solaris to Linux VMs.
• The overall goal of the tuning effort is to optimize all configuration settings to ensure the upgraded environment performs at the same level or better than the previous one. The tuning effort includes:
• Baseline analysis of the current OS, EBS, and database environments.
• Review and recommend Linux configuration settings including optimizing kennel settings for Oracle 19c database performance.
• Review and recommend VMware settings to ensure optimal compute resources are allocated for EBS/DB and data warehouse VMs with highavailability and performance.
• Review and recommend Oracle EBS/DB settings to ensure optimal performance of the application and database components.
• Implement the recommended settings, evaluate results and document findings from various systems testing and load testing.
• Work with Engineers and DBAs to share knowledge and best practices to enhance overall systems performance and administration processes.
• Develop and document processes and procedures for maintenance, installation, upgrade, patching, backups and recoveries of databases.
• Monitor systems performance and implement changes to ensure the availability, security and recoverability of Oracle eBusiness Suite and databases.
• Perform system resource utilization, trending analysis, I/O distribution and implement changes necessary to maintain acceptable performance levels.
• Support systems development, migration, and integration efforts as needed.
Required Skills :
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Must have in-depth knowledge and direct experience supporting Oracle eBusiness Suite and Oracle database administration with Multi-tenant database configuration.
• Thorough understanding of distributed systems architecture and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines (i.e. servers, databases,middleware, storage).
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of RDBMS architecture, DB Design, SDLC, Agile/Scrum methodologies, DevOps and cloud services.
• Experience with automating day to day DBA tasks with SQL scripts in the cloud and on-premise.
• Ability to triage and solve complex problems.
• Good communication (verbal & written) and inter-personal skills.
• Strong problem analysis and resolution (debugging) skills.
Desired Skills :
• Have expertise or knowledge in building automation solutions using any scripting language such as Unix Shell Scripting, SQL scripts, Ansible, Python or Perl.
• Experience with API management, container technologies and orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, and Rancher).
• Experience with open technologies and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practice as well as related CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins Quay and others