US Citizenship and an active TS/SCI & Polygraph Eligible is required to be considered for this position
Estimated duration of 12 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Systems Administrator IV
The Office of Information Technology (IT) Special Programs provides overall IT service delivery to JPL’s National Security Program Office. This exciting fast-paced and specialized IT environment is an enabler for National Security work performed at JPL.
The Systems Administrator/End-User Support Specialist, IT Special Programs will be a key member in the Information & Technology Services Directorate (ITSD), and will have responsibility for completing day-to-day tasks of a help desk support team. Support varies depending on the needs of the users or systems on a given day. This individual will partner with other members of the ITSD in developing and executing the ITSD vision and achieving laboratory goals.
The IT Special Programs Systems Administrator/End-User Support Specialist will provide key support necessary to ensure end-users obtain the support and services they need in a timely manner while planning for upgrades, updates, and maintenance tasks necessary to ensure the National Security Program Office’s operations continue without interruption
• The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America
• Candidate must have a minimum of a Top Secret/SCI clearance
• A United States Government administered polygraph examination will be given to the selected candidate; he/she must pass it to maintain employment in this position
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests relate to IT issues.
• Maintain computer systems and act as support if any system goes down.
• Responsible for PC’s, Printers, Servers and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc)
• Maintain user PCs, including upgrades and configuration as needed
• Assist with onboarding of new users
• Keep inventory of all equipment, software, and license users
• Install, configure, and upgrade PC software
• In-scope Top Secret clearance w/ability to obtain SCI
• Current Counter-Intelligence (CI) Poly highly desired & willing to submit to a CI Poly
• Availability to work non-standard hours; early/after hours; nights, weekends as needed
• Available to work both off-site and on-site, in a team environment of internal and external coworkers
Desired Skills :
• Collaborate with ITSD and program stakeholders to develop processes that provide the highest level of IT customer service, ensure customer satisfaction and continually improve IT service delivery
• Ensure cyber-security compliance with federal cyber security policies and procedures
• Develop and communicate operational status reports, performance analysis, and ad hoc reporting requirements for internal and external customers
• Assist with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) management