Roles and responsibilities
Must be authorized to work in the United States
W2 with full benefits
Some travel may be required
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Scientific Program Manager to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
• Serve as Program Administrator for the NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP).
• Organize and support every aspect of the UGSP, including recruitment, evaluation, clinical credentialing, mandated certification processes and educational services.
• Maintain up to date contact information for students in the program; organize candidate interviews; organize and coordinate activities for UGSP Mentor Match, UGSP Summer Internship Program and bi-monthly Payback meetings.
• Update and maintain calendars; schedule appointments; arrange meetings; schedule conference rooms, AV equipment and refreshments; communicate with speakers for monthly Payback Meetings, Mentor Match and the UGSP Summer Internship Program.
• Receive UGSP applications; record pertinent applicant information; set up applicant files; prepare official correspondence to applicants and universities; prepare notification letters to applicants, universities and mentors.
• Develop, maintain and support UGSP projections for potential and current participants.
• Coordinate UGSP Scholar events; keep UGSP Scholar database up to date; perform website maintenance and event registration; communicate with program participants.
• Work with OITE staff members to maintain and improve the online UGSP application to ensure that it functions efficiently and meets program needs.
• Manage Annual Review process; monitor incoming annual reviews; note reviews that have not yet been received; report this information to Training Program Director responsi-ble for Annual Reviews; scan and upload reviews to UGSP tracking database.
• Perform data entry of previous years’ exit interview data; manage resulting database to track UGSP alumni.
• Serve as a science resource for UGSP participants; assist them with scientific issues in the laboratory and with preparation of science talks and posters.
• Prepare correspondence for applicants, UGSP scholars/paybacks, reviewers and presenters; maintain and track recruitment inventory.
• Coordinate and prepare travel arrangements for UGSP scholars/paybacks, reviewers and presenters.
• Prepare promotional materials for exhibits and presentations, special events and other events for the UGSP.
• Present key findings and observations at periodic meetings with UGSP staff; present programmatic specifics about UGSP to other interested parties.
• Prepare requests for funds and verify fund received for fellowship program.
• Review and track invoices sent for payment to the NBS system.
• Manage and track procurements for fellowship program.
• Request email accounts and phone lines; order computers; request VPN accounts; decal incoming property for program fellows.
• Input new records and update existing records in NED system; create Entrance on Duty checklist.
• Prepare fellow personnel appointment packages; schedule fellow fingerprint appoint-ments.
• Ph.D. in a related scientific discipline.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of related experience.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Illustrator and FileMaker Pro.
• Experience with NIH systems, including NED, travel, purchasing and VPN accounts.
• Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.