Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
Estimated duration of 10 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Enterprise Applications Software Engineer V
The Digital Exchange Architecture (DEA) team supports and operates the Enterprise IT Infrastructure that is provided by the suite of applications within the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) organization. The DEA team is seeking an experienced Senior SOA Engineer. This will be an opportunity to apply your technical, communication and leadership skills and partner with other experts to design, implement and operate advanced web technologies to lead and shape the architecture of complex tools used by JPL.
You will be responsible for:
• Provide leadership in the design and development of efforts for large multi-process integrated applications and interfaces
• Maintenance and enforcement of development processes and standards
• Utilize extensive Enterprise expertise to understand the needs of the customer, translates needs into requirements, develops prototype applications, iterates with customers and then delivers quality applications
• Technical quality of deliverables – products, procedures, documentation
• Analysis and approval of detailed design of architecture
• Development of new algorithms and models and/or modify existing ones
• Identification of technical risks and recommendation of responses to those risks
• Development or approval of responses to customer identified issues
• Provide feedback and input at technical review meetings
• Determination of contents and prioritization of development tasks for each delivery
• Provide team leadership on efforts engaged in various phases of the software system lifecycle and works with customers to manage expectations and negotiate project needs
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of 12 years of experience; or Master's degree in relevant discipline with 10+ years of experience; or Doctorate in relevant discipline with 8+ years of experience. (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or relevant discipline).
• Demonstrated strong strategic thinking skills, and ability to see and convey the big picture.
• Experience architecting large highly performant applications on distributed system environments
• Strong critical thinking and synthesis; ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced, customer-focused operation.
• Consistent track record for delivering successful software systems applying standard methodologies.
• Excellent listening and communications
• Advanced knowledge of applicable Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
• Proficient knowledge of Oracle Database management and performance tuning.
• Proficient knowledge of Oracle Access Manager Webgate plugin installation and upkeep.
• Proficient knowledge and experience with Siemens Teamcenter PLM platform administration
• Advanced knowledge in the installation, upgrade, and administration of the following areas: Oracle SOA Suite 12c, Oracle Business
• Intelligence Tools, WebLogic 12c, and Oracle HTTP Server.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced concepts and techniques in Oracle Enterprise Deployment for Oracle SOA, ADF, and BIP middleware.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in administration and upkeeping Akana API manager platform.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with administering Oracle Enterprise Management 13c in creating monitoring templates, notification rules, metric extensions. Lifecycle and incident management, and install/upgrade agents.
• Proficient knowledge and experience with F5 Big-IP LTM in load balancing configuration, security features, iRule creation to support network routing, and communication in a private network and private cloud environment.
• Languages: Unix/Linux shell, Python, Perl scripts
• Automation tools: Ansible, Salt
• Enterprise Applications: Oracle E-Business Suite, Akana API Manager, Oracle Financial Applications, Oracle Manufacturing Applications, and Oracle Self-Service Web Application