Computer User Support Specialist - Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide
assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
• Address end user IT incident tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking asking targeting questions to diagnose problems.
• Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals, upgrading software, and troubleshooting basic IT issues.
• Provide leadership and guidance, ensure on-time delivery, and execute all aspects of desktop technical assistance and support.
• Ensure timely restoral and proper maintenance of USACE laptops/tablets/workstations and peripheral devices.
• Provide recommendations on lifecycle replacement of equipment and support full-asset management lifecycle from acquisition to disposition IAW USACE policies.
• Support day-to-day logistics of deploying integrated solutions, including scheduling, provisioning, imaging, patching, securing,sanitizing, testing, tracking, distribution, storage, and transportation of assets.
• Provide support for USACE COOP activities and USACE-approved training for new technology deployment at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
• Identify, log and track user issues, software conflicts and hardware device conflicts through IT incident ticketing system; provide resolution and/or escalate for assistance.
• Provide day-to-day technical guidance and desktop technical support assistance to team members. Update and maintain a knowledge base for investigating, diagnosing, and resolving incidents as applicable.