Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen
Estimated duration of 10 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: IT Communication Specialist II
As part of the Communications, Engagement and Change Management group within the Information and Technology Solutions Directorate (ITSD), provide communications support broadly for Directorate, both internal to the organization and with other JPL organizations and mission programs, as well as for specific initiatives within ITSD’s Solutions Architecture and Program Governance Office and the Partner Relationships and Performance Management Office. Duties will include developing branding concepts and communication strategies, developing training materials in written, video, and graphic form, creating executive communications on a regular cadence, writing success stories for delivered IT projects, assisting with organization change management, and helping to maintain content libraries. Will work closely with ITSD strategic planning teams, the Project Management Office, Enterprise Architecture, and Application Portfolio Management to craft clear communications to the appropriate audiences.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Writing, Communications or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of no years related experience.
• Extensive experience in the planning and execution of communication products for general audiences including publications such as newspapers, newsletters, and content for internal and external websites.
• Experience working closely with IT project managers and developers to translate technical accomplishments into business value accomplishments.
• Extensive experience editing and proofreading.
• Extensive experience in the planning and execution of graphic design and illustration for general audiences including photography, infographics, branding elements, and clip art.
• Proven ability to plan, direct, and manage resources, schedule, and make risk decisions to fulfill project objectives within budget and schedule.
• Ability to work in a consulting capacity with a demonstrated track record of solution conceptualization and implementation.
• Must be highly customer oriented with demonstrated customer service experience and exceptional communication skills.
• Experience with project planning tools such JIRA, Asana, or MS Planner
• Extensive experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with collaborative tools such G-Suite and/or Microsoft 365/Teams
• Familiarity with messaging platforms such as Slack for the purposes of enterprise communications
• Experience with executive level communications
• Experience with Search Optimization concepts