US Citizenship and an active TS/SCI & Polygraph Eligible is required to be considered for this position
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Software and Computing Systems Subject Matter Expert
Will be part of a team developing, reviewing, testing, and maintaining geospatial image processing algorithms with focus on photogrammetric/geomatics applications using data from multiple sensors and platforms. Will be responsible for working with a large system engineering and analysis team to provide algorithm specification, design, and implementation for a multi-mission operational image processing data system, primarily in support of autonomous in-flight geometric calibration, co-registration, orthorectification, and mapping of imagery obtained during remote-sensing operations. It assumes responsibilities for advanced integration and automation of processes associated with the extraction of information from the sensor data, its compilation into 3D spatial databases, and subsequent exploration, management and archiving. It will help assure the state-of-the-art capabilities in detection, identification, correlation and extraction of spatial and temporal characteristics of data in support of remote sensing mapping. Will have significant interaction with analysts, developers, system engineers, external partners and the sponsor.
• The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America
• Candidate must have a minimum of a Top Secret/SCI clearance
• A United States Government administered polygraph examination will be given to the selected candidate; he/she must pass it to maintain employment in this position
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Bachelor's degree in Geomatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or PhD degree and 1 year of related experience.
• Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following fields: a) digital photogrammetry, b) image understanding, c) stereo vision, d) optimization algorithms.
• Broad knowledge in one or more of the following related fields: numerical analysis, data analysis, mathematical modeling.
• Experience in programming in Python and C/C++ in Linux environment.
• Understanding and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Active TS/SCI Clearance.
NOTE: Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within 5 year
scope and approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.
• Experience with AWS.
• Experience using Git, a revision control system.
• Exposure to Agile software development..
• Familiarity with Anaconda and conda environments.
• Experience working with a team to turn prototype algorithms into delivered software products.
• Experience managing software build processes with CMake in Linux environment.
• Understanding of concepts of large-volume data processing.