Must be a US Citizen
6 month contract positions with potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Max Pay Rate - $55/hr
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Location - Silver Spring, MD. Will consider 100% remote candidates if they meet skillset criteria.
Labor Category: Systems Engineer IV
Performs Systems Engineering duties in support of customer requirements.
Performs a full range of engineering tasks represented by the activities listed under less senior engineering positions. Work requires a high degree of creative ability and engineering and programming skills. May coordinate and lead the work of subordinate engineers on assigned projects. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
B.S. in a STEM related field, and a minimum of 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Strong Linux knowledge / Skillset. Preferred Red Hat Enterprise Linux or another rpm based distribution, but ok with any modern Linux distribution.
Strong grasp of the command line, system configuration and we would prefer to having some bash scripting experience/skill/interest.
• Must be able to obtain a NOAA CAC Badge (Public Trust investigation)
• Must be able to self-manage daily tasks.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems that arise, following a thread from error to useful diagnostic information.
• Familiarity with Red Hat Hyper-converged Infrastructure a plus
• Familiarity with Ansible and Ansible tower a plus
• Familiarity with Red Hat IDM a plus
• Familiarity with Red Hat Satellite a plus
• Familiarity with applying CIS benchmark or STIG to a RHEL system and enforcing with puppet a plus.
• Fluency in the English language