Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 7 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Electrical Engineer III
Support board and box level testing of the Europa Compute Element (ECE) Bulk Data Storage (BDS) assembly which consists of 5 FPGAs spread out across 2 boards. The Europa BDS assembly features FPGA designs and interfaces of unprecedented complexity and requires significant effort with respect to verification and validation. Specific duties and responsibilities are listed below:
• Develop hardware test scripts using the TCL scripting language to thoroughly verify and validate (VnV) the BDS design per an official VnV matrix which outlines all test cases.
• Integrate the Europa BDS BTE (Bench Test Equipment), which simulates flight interfaces to the BDS, into VnV test scripts as required.
• Modify and/or develop C code Test Software routines, as required, for a VxWorks Kernel that runs on a cPCI Single Board Computer resident in the ECE test chassis.
• Modify/debug the TCL Test Framework (TTF) environment, which allows TCL scripts to communicate with the VxWorks Kernel, as required.
• Provide on-lab hardware troubleshooting support which includes scope measurements, PCI Bus Analyzer captures, DMM measurements, loading FPGA drops, etc., (if willing to report to JPL) as required.
• Generate detailed hardware anomaly reports using the project reporting tool (JIRA) for any issues encountered during testing.
• Using the BDS FPGA Specifications and other relevant documentation, modify or add test cases to the VnV matrix as required.
• Provide feedback (errors, ambiguities, lack of detail, etc.) for all documentation used to develop test scripts (FPGA Specifications, VnV Matrix, etc.)
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Significant experience in design and/or test of analog and digital electronics, digital data busses and protocols, and systems implemented with digital electronics.
• Experience developing low-level (SUROM) software for board level test using vxWorks or GH/Integrity operating systems.
• Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems.
• Experience in Tcl and or Perl scripting language.
• Experience and/or understanding of hardware/software interfaces.
• Experience developing/writing test procedures and testing of digital functions.
• Experience with standard lab test equipment, such as power supplies, oscilloscopes and DMMs.
• Experience with ground support equipment used for test of electronic assemblies.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently under a set schedule.
• Working knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in EDA software such as SPICE, SPECTRE, HSPICE or equivalent.
• Previous experience in flight electronics hardware and test process.
• Knowledge of one or more high-level general-purpose programming languages, such as C/C++, Java, Python, or similar language.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with real-time operating systems.