Roles and responsibilities
Must be authorized to work in the United States
W2 with full benefits
Some travel may be required
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Computer Programmer to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Research Triangle Park, NC
This is a long-term position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
• Serve as a Drupal developer for NTP’s public websites, including NTP’s main website (https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov), NTP Update newsletter, NTP Annual Report, ICCVAM Biennial Report.
• Perform technical duties as a developer in the PHP and Drupal technology areas.
• Coordinate activities with third parties such as NIEHS System Administration and networking.
• Support other technology areas as needed for coverage.
• Work closely with the Senior OpDev Specialist (PHP/Drupal); maintain and monitor applications, databases, or software tools; implement improvements to operations; test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
• Assist with the development and implementation of new or major revisions to applications, databases, or software tools; implement improvements to development activities to speed development of applications, databases, or software tools.
• Maintain and follow SOPs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a BA/BS degree.
• Seven (7) years of experience in computer programming or a related field.
• One (1) year of experience of coding, building, testing, packaging, releasing, configuring, and monitoring applications in PHP and Drupal.
• Strong knowledge of PHP programming language.
• Keep up to date on Drupal particularly in the Federal government space.
• One (1) year of experience with both front-end and back end development Drupal 8.
• Working knowledge of responsive design and version control.
• Working experience with one or more databases.
• Basic knowledge of usability & Section 508 compliancy.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Excellent communication, analytical, and problemsolving skills.