Roles and responsibilities
Must be authorized to work in the United States
W2 with full benefits
Some travel may be required
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Biostatistician to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Baltimore, MD.
This is a long-term position which offers:
- Competitive salary
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at www.columbususa.com
• Collaborate with and support the CPN Chief, Dr. Leggio and the CPN research team to address current data management and analyses needs.
• Conduct analyses of primary and secondary data provided by the CPN team and collaborators.
• Support the CPN research team to improve data management and collection for ongoing and future research projects.
• Develop conceptual ideas and strategies based on data systems, methodologies, analytic publications, etc. to support data driven CPN projects.
• Utilize appropriate statistical methods for analyzing complex data (e.g., mixed modeling, machine learning, factor analysis)
• Attend and complete all mandatory trainings to remain in compliance with NIH security and ethic requirements.
• Masters in Statistics or other related field; five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Masters.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in statistics or other related discipline.
• Knowledge of biostatistics and human clinical behavioral research
• Knowledge of statistical programs such as R, SAS, SPSS, STATA
• Must have skills in word, excel, power point, computational/analytics and data management.
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.